The information we collect and why
Examples of the types of information we collect via cookies are:
- How often you visit our website, the pages you visited on our website, your click-through on our website and the total time you spent on our website.
- The website you visited before our website.
- Whether you have visited our website before or if you are a new visitor;
Your viewing preferences (e.g. layout, sizing preferences, language, etc.).
- Your IP address, browser type and operating system, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. Also, to enable us to recognise you when you return to our website.
Please note: we do not collect your name or email address via cookies.
Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- Customise your visit: we may use information from your visit to help improve your next visit to our site.
- Look at customer trends: we compile information from thousands of customer visits and analyse it as a whole. This kind of study focuses on identifying trends among the many visitors to our site rather than analysing information about any individual customer.